[arachne] Re: Adobe swings and misses as PDF abuse worsens

  • From: "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:55:08 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, March 2, 2009 11:04 am, Steve wrote:

>    They've been embedding flash animations in HTML for years.
> <Devil's advocate mode> How is doing it PDF any worse?
> <\Devil's advocate mode>

I dislike pdf files becuae they are bulky and slow to load and if
you're using a web browser to begin with then starting up acrobat
or whatever the damn thing is called, is redundant and less nimble
and requires you to use an additional application. I think it
quite inelegant. I don't see why many things are done as pdf's
when it would be far simpler and easier to just make it a web page.

Everything in pdf is slower and more awkward. That's why.

Sam Ewalt