[arachne] Re: Adobe swings and misses as PDF abuse worsens

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:08:54 -0800

Hi L.D.,
                All those concepts are great
but I don't need that stuff in my email.
I look at email as something I want to
quickly D/L and read...short notes...
text.  Email is good for sending links
to sites where I can do all that other stuff
you are talking about. I don't need my
email tied up downloading megabytes
of email that I never expected and that
may not even be of interest to me. .
Also, I DON'T want to be archiving megabytes
or gigabytes of crap when I am saving my
emails...and...I don't want to be spending
my time trying to remove the crap before
I archive the emails.

Eric

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:52:48 -0500 "L.D. Best" <l.d.best@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> hmmmmmmmmm....
>
> Steve wrote:
> <snip>
> >   Granted, I also don't like flash, and certainly don't think it
> > belongs in a "Document" format, which I believe should be capable
> of
> > being printed.
> Really?  What if you could take that document with you, on something
>
> about the size of Kindle 2, with an optional fold-out "large screen"
> ?  And what if you had software that allowed you to zoom in/out on
> specific portions of that document, while giving you a choice of
> 360degrees rotation on *any* plane?
>
> Tech manuals made that way would be fantastic!! Imagine being able
> look at a diagram and then link to something like an actual picture
> of
> that portion of said diagram?  Architects would be salivating enough
> cure the drought in California!  Imagine a car wiring system in a
> Chilton Manual which linked schematics to active photos ...  Imagine
> medical reference which linked text to visuals of the human body,
> again
> in 3D rotate-able graphics.
>
> Imagine being able to download, for $10 each, textbooks which cost
> $75-100 new in the college bookstore and can't possibly give you the
>
> detail you'd get on your reading pad.
>
> I happen to like Flash and Shockwave and QuickTime and RealPlayer.
> They've allowed me to tour exhibits in Europe, with 360degree pan of
>
> each room, each collection, zooming in to look closely at something
> I'm
> particularly interested in.  I also spend part of almost every day
> in
> Africa, watching the cycle of life/death around a watering hole.
> And a
> couple of times a week I visit a coral reef off Belize.  A friend
> can
> send me architectural drawing of floor plans and elevations, but how
>
> much nicer it would be if I could have a 3D line drawing showing how
> all
> of it fits together, again zoom able and linkable to detailed
> schematics/drawings.
>
> Think about the things you (do/would) like to do/see, and the things
> you
> have to do at work.  Somewhere in there is likely something that
> would
> be far easier if you could just see it in 3D.  Imagine program flow
> charts you could trace things through by merely tapping or
> click/dragging decision points, and being able to see the path
> to/from
> each and every linked decision point of every task ... woooo!  Talk
> about being able to do a debug walk-thru, and easily find where
> error
> handling needs to be inserted and/or refined.  No more page flipping
> or
> trying to tie things together in your mind or with notes ... it
> [...]

Purify your water with professional water treatment. Click now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTK8PHb6rXOQlsdDqwrTyAft3LgEXX9owZvTSmcop9zugvcYvDHiec/