[arachne] Re: Adobe swings and misses as PDF abuse worsens

  • From: "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:37:14 -0500 (EST)

Hi L.D.,

What a great line "having spent 48 non-stop hours one day" Your
frustration is clear.

But if "even burger flippers" can afford a decent computer perhaps
your daughter should have her own computer. Of course, then both
computers can go on the fritz at the same time and you'll never get any
sleep.

My solution has been not to upgrade very often and keep my minimal
essentials on more than one computer.

But I'm not up-to-date and never will be. I dislike PDF's on principle.
I can read text in any format, so don't see the reason to have the
text delivered in the format du jour. Now they want to embed flash
animations in pdf's.

God help us.

Sam Ewalt