[arachne] Re: Adobe swings and misses as PDF abuse worsens

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:29:37 -0800

L.D.,

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:52:48 -0500 "L.D. Best" <l.d.best@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> hmmmmmmmmm....
>
> Steve wrote:
> <snip>
> >   Granted, I also don't like flash, and certainly don't think it
> > belongs in a "Document" format, which I believe should be capable
> of
> > being printed.
> Really?  What if you could take that document with you, on something
>
> about the size of Kindle 2, with an optional fold-out "large screen"
> <snip>

L.D.,
          I don't know and really don't even care to
know what a Kindle2 is right now. :-}

All these various formats and protocols, etc. have
their place and are useful in the right situation.
The thing that irritates users/people  is the forced
use of these protocols and the way they interfere with
the daily use of the Internet and their email.
It's the over-use and abuse and the inability to
choose to ignore them and still use their email
and still open webpages that makes users hate
the new and improved formats.

Eric

Digital Photography - Click Now.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTDvmRjLznCod9c25zV8IGpXHDe7nDZqkmElCg4hmWWca98ynIUI3O/