[arachne] Re: Adobe swings and misses as PDF abuse worsens

  • From: Jason <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 18:27:43 -0500

L.D. Best wrote:

Greg Mayman wrote:
<snip>
It would be a good idea if all 150 of us were to write ADOBE and insist

Strangely, I originally smirked at his suggestion... but after Greg's laughter I had a sobering thought: What if we *could* convince Adobe to write software ports to DOS? Or should I say "start with DOS?" If they would do that, they'd be far more likely to discover the errors and loop-holes and vulnerabilities in their code BECAUSE DOS WON'T WIPE THEIR NOSES LIKE 'DOZE DO! Give me clean DOS code and you've got a good start to making a decent 'doze or penguin port, one that is far less bloated and far more secure.

Whatcha t'ink 'bout dat???
I'll eat my hat if you can convince even 80% of those 150 to do anything as a unit. I bet if I posted how great arachne is, 40 people would chime in that it sucks worse than IE.

But I think we might be surprised if we worked as a unit for this kind of thing. Maybe not adobe but I bet if we could pool our wallets together and actually buy some things as a unit we might see some response.

Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --