[arachne] Re: Adobe swings and misses as PDF abuse worsens | Zero Day |ZDNet.com

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:52:33 +0930

On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 09:05:33 -0500, Samuel W. Heywood wrote:

> In order to do all those other things you might have to use Windows,
> even a much bigger and much more bloated version of Windows than the one
> you might already feel forced into using in order to do some of the
> things you need to do with your computer.  The older versions of Windows
> will not run the latest and greatest Acrobat Readers.  In order to
> install a newer version of Windows you might even need to buy a new
> computer, one with more speed and with more ram, and one that is
> incapable of working with your perfectly good printer and your other
> perfectly good peripheral devices.  Micro$oft is out to force you to
> upgrade everything you have, even if the stuff you already have still
> works fine.  It just doesn't work with any of the new way overly bloated
> software and operating systems.  Considering all the extra expenses, it
> just isn't worth it to do all those other things.

It isn't just Micro$not; they are in a conspiracy with hardware
manufacturers, et al.

Much more sensible to make do with what we already have working, and
just go for antique software if any turns up.

Sure we'll get links to sites that don't work, emails with content we
can't open, and so on.

We just need to be patient and let the rest of the world go to hell in
the handbaskets of their own making <GGGG>

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
  \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E