[amayausers] Re: Help!!!

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:48:36 -0400

Tom, I think your problem is fixable by blowing off the step index
sensor...located behind the needle shafts from the back. Very common
problem-dust/etc. gets on it and screws it up...a simple blast of air
clears it out. Then you have to manually move the head to line up a
needle using part of the settings or maintainence window to assist.
Happens to us frequently so my wife has it all memorized.
Sometimes just blasting it out and then restarting will work.
I am not sure how to find 'old posts' in the amaya chat but the
complete 'instructions' have been posted there several times
answering the same question.
It might also be in the manual but I'm not sure.
Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743