[amayausers] Re: Help

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:55:18 -0500

For future reference, next time you need an ethernet cable, try Best Buy. I
know they have regular CAT5e cables and cross-over cables in stock. You
won't have to pay for overnight shipping. I have 6 extra cables at my house
- all different lengths. I need them with 4 computers all hooked up to DSL
and an embroidery machine. All computer stores sell the ethernet card you
need. Do not get a USB card, get a PCI ethernet card. 10/100 speed should be
fine for running the AMAYA.

From: Barbara Hazelrig-Mirsky <mirrig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:30:48 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Thank you.  I have both a cross over cable and a hub/ethernet cable.  When
the
hub and cable didn't do it -- I had Melco overnight a cross over cable.  I
am
unable to 'configure' the machine because the connection between the
machines
is not recognized.  I know there is one dongle for the OS and one for DS.
The
seller kept the DS and the DS dongle.  The problem could well be that the
Amaya
doesn't want to work with the USB ethernet.  A place to start.  Could be
that I
need to have a member of the Geek Squad come and deactivate some of the
'background' programs on the computer as well.  I live in Tampa, FL  - phone
number is 813-888-6578.  We're on Eastern Standard Time here.  Good night --
I'll start again in the morning.  Thanks, again.