[amayausers] Help

  • From: Barbara Hazelrig-Mirsky <mirrig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:45:46 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I purchased a used Amaya.  It has not been used for at least two months now. It
took a while to convince the previous owner that the dongle belongs with the
software, not the computer.  I finally got brave enough to connect the machine.
I resolved some issues with the computer and decided to use an older computer
with the OS only.  Its 384 MB Ram, 30GB hard drive, Windows XP and a Pentium 4
processor.  Ethernet has to be handled through a USB adapter because  the
computer doesn't have an ethernet connection built in.  So far, no problems
with the Amaya OS.  Turned the machine on and the standard start up stuff -
laser and status lights.  the status light goes from green to red.  Software
apparently works.  Machine apparently works.  But the software and=
 the machine do not know the other exists.  I purchased a new Melco ethernet
cable and the machines still haven't been introduced.  Can someone point me in
the right direction to look for the cure?  The Operator's tool kit is
 on back order -- won't arrive until after St. Patty's day.  As time permits I
will look back through the postings to learn as much as I can.  I want to make
sure the machine is running before I spend the money to transfer the license on
the OS software or decide to sell it and buy a new one - might be less
expensive after all.  :-)  Thank you!