[Wittrs] Re: The CRA in Symbolic Form (According to Joe)

  • From: Gordon Swobe <gts_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:10:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 4/26/10, iro3isdx <wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> Joseph Polanik <jPolanik@...> wrote:
>
> You have provide a formal argument.  That is, your argument amounts to
> a mere mechanical manipulation of meaningless marks.

At the beginning of his argument, Joe clearly defines the meanings of the marks
in plain English. Where you and I see those meaningful English definitions,
software/hardware systems see more meaningless marks.

We could check Joe's formal proof on a computer. Assuming Joe got his logic
right, the computer would prove that computers do not understand what they
prove.

-gts