[wisb] Re: Men vs. Women - Which of us sees the birds better?

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <harrierhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 21:06:39 -0500

Put it this way Andrea, I'm usually a pretty good spotter, but it was Mom who
saw the Green-breasted Mango first when we went looking for it... d'oh!
I'd say that ability has more to do with how much aging has hindered your
senses than anything else. That said, I hope mine stay sharp for a loooong time
to come. :)
I'm sure there's probably differences in how your brain processes the visual
information, but the effect is usually the same.

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County Interpretive Naturalist Mississippi
Explorer Cruises
http://mississippiexplorer.com/
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.nabirding.com/http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)