[wisb] Re: Men vs. Women - Which of us sees the birds better?

  • From: Joanne Wagner <jlwagner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 19:13:34 -0500

Female here- I "see things".  I took some classes an adult and after one
class, one of my profs used to invite me along on all his field trips.
The only problem was that he said I was like a bird dog- I "pointed" but
never made a sound (my Dad taught me to be very quiet!!!), so he'd
assign another student to watch me and alert everyone else.  I agree
with Mark- don't think it's a gender difference, just a "gift".

Joanne Wagner
Madison, Dane county