[wisb] Lake Michigan

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 19:07:13 -0600

I spent part of the day checking out spots along Lake Michigan from Harrington
Beach SP to Point Beach SF. In an hour plus at the end of D at Harrington
Beach I saw several thousand Red-br. Mergansers, all 3 scoters (4 Surf, 4
White-winged and 1 Black), 2 Red-throated and 2 Common Loons, plus other diving
ducks and 1 lone Horned Grebe.
Kohler SP, Sheboygan, Cleveland, Fischer Creek CP, Manitowoc and Two Rivers
were exceptionally quiet.

Point Beach SF had 15 Horned Grebes, 1 Common Loon, 500 Red-br. Mergansers and
3 Great Black-backed Gulls.
Daryl Tessen
Appleton,, WI