[windows2000] Re: Internet Explorer redirect

  • From: "Andrew Shriner" <aShriner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 11:32:21 -0400

We've found that a firewall, coupled with a proxy server, is quite
sufficient in doing just what you need it to.

Maybe a little more complex than you were wanting, but hey! In IT, why
make things easy when we can make them hard?

Drew

>>> listray@xxxxxxxxxx 05/07/04 10:40AM >>>
That won't help if the students go to
http://ip.address.of.porn.site.or.whatever

You could use IPSec to block access to those IPs.  Or just suspend the
students, cane them, or something like that.

Ray at work