[va-richmond-general] Re: barred owls

  • From: "Al Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:02:22 -0400

Grace,

Glad the owlet survived. Yesterday Jan called me and was trying to fend off
the dogs that were running loose in the park. Maybe there is some way that
could be prevented. All the dog walkers seem to think it's the one place
they can let them run loose.
I'm sure the Richmond police have other things to do, but meanwhile wildlife
has to suffer, as well as birders. We were at the Wetlands the other day and
had at least 10 dogs come up to us, jump all over us, etc. Maybe a letter to
the editor of the TD?

The listserve won't allow any attachments, so they don't show up on your
post. If you have any good photos of the owlet(s) please send it to me
directly. I may be able to use one next month.

Al Warfield