[va-richmond-general] Re: barred owls

  • From: "IE Ries" <FEATHERCHASER@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 00:15:26 -0400

Paul,

That's nothing.   Last year at Pocahontas State Park, a man let his dog off
the leash to chase a swimming beaver!  I couldn't believe how ignorant and
insensitive this person was - his dog could have gotten killed and that
beaver is strictly protected inside the park.  I approached him and DEMANDED
that he put the dog back on its leash at once, and his response?  "But I
always let the dog chase the beaver, the beaver comes back, it's no big
deal."

No big deal?!

I think that dog AND the man need to be on a leash!

Irene, who has also had it with the army of unsupervised dogs and their
inconsiderate owners