[uae] Re: Print from EUAE under Mac OS X

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 19:07:35 +0200

On Do, 07 Jan 2010, Ernest Unrau wrote:

> 07-Jan-2010
>
> Hello,
>
> Re: Print from EUAE under Mac OS X
>
> What I haven't been able to solve, though, is how to print within
> the amiga emulation to a printer connected directly to the mac.
> It would appear that's not possible to do, but perhaps I'm wrong
> on that. I haven't found a way to access usb devices from EUAE.
> - My HP 842 printer is connected via usb and found at
>   usb://HEWLETT-PACKARD/DESKJET%20840C?serial=MX07A1V0DMLB
> - My Xerox is found at url: lpd://192.168.2.2/lpt1

Hmm, so the printer is, or it is not, running under CUPS?
(Apple now is the primary author of CUPS, so it would seem natural to me to
run the printer thru CUPS via Apple's print stuff, rather than thru a Xerox
line printer daemon...  this would also make this work on Linux, or any other
Unix that runs CUPS (common Unix Printer ...something (:  ) )

If it is, then you should be able to just throw the output to a file (a la
"E-uae sends printer (or serial) output to a file) and shovel that off to
CUPS.  I _think_ I did it that way when I needed to dump output from the
Amiga off to a PDF a bit ago.

I'll test when I'm at home, and have installed your package.