[uae] Re: Print from EUAE under Mac OS X

  • From: Ernest Unrau <ejunrau@xxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 08:53:36 -0600

07-Jan-2010

Hello,

Re: Print from EUAE under Mac OS X

What I haven't been able to solve, though, is how to print within
the amiga emulation to a printer connected directly to the mac.
It would appear that's not possible to do, but perhaps I'm wrong
on that. I haven't found a way to access usb devices from EUAE.
- My HP 842 printer is connected via usb and found at
  usb://HEWLETT-PACKARD/DESKJET%20840C?serial=MX07A1V0DMLB
- My Xerox is found at url: lpd://192.168.2.2/lpt1

To recap, in my case my printing solution involves:
- iMac (intel) with Mac OS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard)
- EUAE amiga emulation (0.8.29-WIP4) and a custom rom that includes
  OS3.9 updates and more (custom rom because without it I couldn't find
  a way to get past the OS 3.9 reboot, which is where the amiga emulation
  would hang).
- a StarTech.com ethernet to parallel port print server to provide network
  printing capability
- a Xerox 4508 laserprinter (laserwriter4 compatible) with parallel port
- Guido Mersmann's netprinter.device
- my NPAR dosdriver

Best wishes for 2010.
Ernest Unrau