[uae] Re: Print from EUAE under Mac OS X

  • From: benJamin <jaminjay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 04:47:47 +1000

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 00:54, Ernest Unrau <ejunrau@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jan 7 2010 Andrew 'Truck' Holland wrote:
>
> Another thing I really wish it were possible to do is to directly access
> Amiga formatted drives from EUAE. Such as, it would sure be nice
> to access my external IDE/USB drive, which is formatted/partitioned
> SFS. That is, it's an external IDE drive housed in a case with its own
> power supply and connects to the classic amiga via usb (I have a subway
> card in my A3000 desktop, but that's quite slow - a data rate of only
> about 350 to 400 kilobytes per second).

When I had this problem (amongst others, my A1200 keyboard failing, for
instance), I ran an FTP server on my target box and used 'FTP Mount' on the
Amiga to use it as if it were a local drive and LHA'd my partitions directly
to the network (preserving a lot of information).  I did try other methods
like SAMBA, etc., but this worked and wasn't too hard.  Not sure how easy it
is to set up FTP on a Mac, but most of their 'sharing' services have a
fairly trivial 'turn it on' function if FTP is an option.  Aminet is your
friend.

(I'd really like to mount the remote [Amiga] partitions locally and dd them,
of course).

jaminJay