[triadtechtalk] Re: Win 98 Update

  • From: "Joan" <joanmc53@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 12:58:34 -0400

Hi Clarence,
I don't under stand what you are saying by referring to the keywords in the link
I sent to you as DOS commands. They are words you enter into the "my question
is" box in the KB search page. You don't have to be in DOS to use these
keywords.

Clarence wrote:
"it is what I call DOS
shorthand, which I have never learned although I
do have a print out of DOS commands for when I do
try to use DOS, but one of my sons can can type
fluent DOS shorthand, but he started out when
there was no Windows and had a head start on me!"

One other thing I've noticed in your messages is that you have your word wrap
parameters set very short. In other words, when you included my message in your
reply, the link to the KB page was wrapped at 50 characters and didn't allow the
whole link to be highlighted  and clickable as any link would be in a message.
Actually, it was still clickable, but it didn't take you to the correct page. If
you want to extend your word wrap go to OE tools-options-send tab-mail sending
format-text settings- and set the "automatically wrap text" to  80 characters.
This I think is the standard setting for most mail messages.
You can see how short your message lines are in the above enclosed snippet of
your message.
Joan