[triadtechtalk] Re: Win 98 Update

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 14:20:55 -0500

Daylight Time,
> cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> thought that it might be something new!

> Clarence .. most of the lisitngs for a major os
up date such as that is
> usually a repost form the pubishers site... not
really a "new" update and is
> usually a few weeks out of date... for your
operating system is ALWAYS best
> to stay with the publishers site....in this case
MS update siste....

Yes Chuck, which was the reason for my query since
I hadn't seen it on my regular visits to Windows
Update site!

> and have
> seen that you have the MS knowledgebase site
also... when I have nothing
> better to do I cruise thru rhat sight sort of
checking if there may be
> something of interest for me and a couple times
have found some fixes for
> minor problemns that have popped up with my OS
and download them ... so far
> have had no problems working that way.....I have
tried a few of the
> advertsied update sites but all have had about
same major flaw.... when it
> comes to a real major update for a program it
generally sends you to the
> publishers site anyways... so for me its easier
to check there first....
> works for me..... Chuck... in OK

Yes, that plan of action has been working for me
once I finally learned it and as for the MSKB,
that has a recent discovery for me and I plan to
be doing some cruising there as well from now on!
I do have a small question about the MSKB though
since you mentioned it, so far, every time I type
in a question/problem, it always give me 200 hits
and I was wondering if there was a way to avoid
the mass of confusion and have it cut right to the
chase and give me the one or three hits that are
somewhere within the 200 hits, which takes a long
time to sift through to find the one or three
hits, which most of the time for me has been only
one hit and I usually find it on the last page of
individual 25 hit pages, if you know what I mean!

.......clarence in TN.......