[triadtechtalk] Re: Win 98 Update

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 10:39:05 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/2001 8:53:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

thought that it might be something new!

Clarence .. most of the lisitngs for a major os up date such as that is
usually a repost form the pubishers site... not really a "new" update and is
usually a few weeks out of date... for your operating system is ALWAYS best
to stay with the publishers site....in this case MS update siste.... and have
seen that you have the MS knowledgebase site also... when I have nothing
better to do I cruise thru rhat sight sort of checking if there may be
something of interest for me and a couple times have found some fixes for
minor problemns that have popped up with my OS and download them ... so far
have had no problems working that way.....I have tried a few of the
advertsied update sites but all have had about same major flaw.... when it
comes to a real major update for a program it generally sends you to the
publishers site anyways... so for me its easier to check there first....
works for me..... Chuck... in OK