[triadtechtalk] Re: PartitionMagic 4.0

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:00:13 -0500

Daylight Time,
> cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> > can I get this version of PM and partition my HD
> > just as it is and then set up an addition Win98 OS
on

> Clarence.. partiton magic is ok.. but that versiojn
is an older one and about
> done for... besides.. once more.. adding something
you already have in your
> os now.... f/disk will partiton your drive for you
and IE is integrated into
> windows and wont install on a sepearte partition....
its part of the windows
> system.... Oartition magic is one more addon of files
and file changes that
> can mess up ones pc.. to me woiuld be asking for
loads of more troubles if
> yours havent been fixed first......    Chuck.... in
OK

Well, that will save me five bucks (big deal!)  ; )
OK, I have got it printed out
as to how to partition with Fdisk, so I will have to
study up on that so I don't
muck my whole system up and lose it all with no way
out!  Hummmm, you say
that IE won't install on a separate partition, I sure
am missing something on
that statement as it installed just fine on the
original 20GB and I have read of
others who install it on newly created partitions using
either the original Win98
or WinME, for example, so give me a clue as to why it
wouldn't work?  IOW's
if it works on C:\ and I install the same Win98 on F:\
and IE with it and then
boot up into F:\, why not?  Correct, I understand that
it is an add on, but I was
under the impression that I could install it just like
Aloha Bob's and use it to do
it's thing and then just uninstall it like I did AB's!

.......clarence in TN.......

www.freelists.org/webpage/triadtechtalk

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi