[torontocbm] Re: As a follow up to my 64 DTV Pal messages...

  • From: Leif Bloomquist <leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 15:00:29 -0400

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Jeff Bourdeau<jeffobourdeau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do you have an SX-64? If so, have you looked into whether or not this
> monitor could be a modern-day replacement for the SX-64s internal monitor?

I do.  The SX-64 screen is 5" or so actually, so this one I have (3")
is appreciably smaller - so mounting might be an issue.  And I
consider the SX64 one barely usable for anything except games. ;-)

> would think that would allow for ALOT of space to be freed inside the SX-64
> casing for other mods...

Right.   Then replace the internal 1541 with a uIEC etc. and you're
eliminated 75% of the weight and freed up even more space.  But I'm
trying to keep mine as stock as possible (except JiffyDOS and a reset
button) for the collectability value.

I have had a (pointless) project in mind lately, to make a SX64-Lite
using a normal C64 motherboard, LCD screen, uIEC, and maybe a PS/2
keyboard.

-Leif

--
Leif Bloomquist
leif(at)schemafactor(dot)com

"It's better to light a candle, than curse the darkness." - Chinese Proverb