[torontocbm] Re: As a follow up to my 64 DTV Pal messages...

  • From: "Miraglia, Walter" <Walter.Miraglia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 22:05:14 -0500

http://www.richardlagendijk.nl/cip/article/index/hacking_the_dtv_1

the above site deals specifically with DTV version 1 wich is what
I have, if your unit has a date stamp that starts 04 (on the bottom, a physical
stamp in the plastic)
then chances are you have an NTSC DTV1....

this one can be hacked into a very nice little commodore 64 using the info in
the link above...
it suggests a ribbon cable to attach all the connections but I may go a
different route,
I am putting mine into a small box, and going to try and get a Palm Pilot
portable
keyboard, and build an rs232 to ps/2 adatper I saw somewhere...  and then
use a 3.5 or 5" lcd screen and make a tiny little C64 palm top computer...

with built in SD2EIC, keyboard, monitor, and joy stick port.
If I use ps2 keyboard instead, then there is a keyboard hack
that allows you to get the UP joystick button by hacking a the keyboard
attached via ps/2... have a look at the link it explains it better.... If I
decide,
I can live without joysticks, I may just create a general purpose port
using the available buttons instead, as I am pretty sure I won't play games on
it....

:) cheers... so check out the link above as well also good info...