[THIN] Some users cannot connect to any apps

  • From: "Medeiros, Jim" <Jim.Medeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:31:09 -0400

Here's a fun one.  We have a remote office with 40-45 users.  All but 3 of them
can connect to one of our hosted applications.  The 3 are getting the "Cannot
Connect to the Citrix Presentation Server".  We have had them (3 people) try to
log on using another computer and they get the same error.  I have had working
people try to log onto the 3 non-working computers and they do not get the
error.

Sounds to me like it is something to do with the 3 users.  I have verified
their AD access and group membership (matches one of the working people) and I
have deleted their roaming profile in order to create a new one.

The error is indicative of their PC not being able to connect to the Citrix
server.  We have successfully pinged every Citrix server from their PCs without
any issues.  Again, I had other people log into Citrix on their computers and
everything works fine.

Has anyone every seen anything like this before?  Online hasn't been helpful so
far.

Very frustrated,

Jim Medeiros
Citrix Administrator
GMAC Insurance

Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient,
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
Thank you.