[THIN] Re: Some users cannot connect to any apps

  • From: "Jim Kenzig" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:44:38 -0400

Verify that each user has FULL control on their Profile AND user
folders.  When new profiles are created the permissions of the folder are
not always set to full.  Also make sure someone did not set a account expiry
on their account for some reason in AD.  It is easy to miss.  Right click on
the user in AD users go to account tab and look at the bottom and make sure
it is set to account never expires. Also check while you are in there that
their account did not get locked out by them trying to access it to many
times. Manually reset their password for them which will refresh the account
in AD and try again.
Jim

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Medeiros, Jim <
Jim.Medeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Here's a fun one.  We have a remote office with 40-45 users.  All but 3
> of them can connect to one of our hosted applications.  The 3 are getting
> the "Cannot Connect to the Citrix Presentation Server".  We have had them (3
> people) try to log on using another computer and they get the same error.  I
> have had working people try to log onto the 3 non-working computers and they
> do not get the error.
>
> Sounds to me like it is something to do with the 3 users.  I have verified
> their AD access and group membership (matches one of the working people) and
> I have deleted their roaming profile in order to create a new one.
>
> The error is indicative of their PC not being able to connect to the Citrix
> server.  We have successfully pinged every Citrix server from their PCs
> without any issues.  Again, I had other people log into Citrix on their
> computers and everything works fine.
>
> Has anyone every seen anything like this before?  Online hasn't been
> helpful so far.
>
> Very frustrated,
>
> Jim Medeiros
> Citrix Administrator
> GMAC Insurance

> Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and
> confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message
> is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
> delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is
> strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
> please notify us
> immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
> Thank you.

Jim Kenzig
Microsoft MVP - Windows Server Presentation and Hosted Desktop
Virtualization
Citrix Technology Professional
Blog: http://www.techblink.com