[THIN] Re: Novell Integration

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:40:07 -0400

Are you trying to passthru authentication on clients?
I would get the same error when the users Windows and Novell
ID/Password were somehow different  (passed the wrong credentials).
Faced with the similar issues DLU was really the only way I found
unless you enjoy password administration ad nauseum.

>>> craig@xxxxxxxxxxxx 9/29/2003 10:41:49 PM >>>

I'm bringing up an old thread. :)

We went with the dual Windows 2000 domain / Novell NetWare
integration.
After resetting all of the 1500 passwords, one classroom at a time,
we're
running into some issues.  Ugh.

Right now, we're using the Program Neighborhood v7 client on the
workstations with the Novell Integration.  Users type in their username
and
password and everything works, sometimes.  Often, what Ill see is that
Ill
log into the application set, Ill hit refresh, and then it'll come
back
saying that my credentials are incorrect.  As far as I can tell, the
three
Citrix servers are all setup the same.  All have the correct registry
settings for NDS integration, etc.  What's killing me is that this is
more
of a problem on Mondays, after the servers reboot on Sunday.  Once I
fumble
with them on Monday to attempt to get them working, the problem seem to
go
away and works its self out the rest of the week.

We're pretty much done with the project, but this integration is
killing me.
Two user accounts, the password syncs, this Program Neighborhood
problem,
etc.  I've got one of our Novell guys coming out tomorrow to help me
out
with the DLU/Zenworks integration to see how well that runs.

One odd thing that I've noticed.  If I remember correctly, the
Citrix FR3 guide states that to have the Microsoft Network
authentication
piece before the Novell NetWare piece in the provider order.  I've
found
that in this particular setup I get problems I'm having currently with
Program Neighborhood if I /don't/ have the Novell NetWare piece at the
top
of the list.

Anyway, I'm hoping that this DLU/Zenworks deal can save my behind.
This
login problem is /killing/ me.  Any ideas?