[texbirds] Re: TX City Dike - Birding Vs. Security

  • From: Ronnie Kramer <ronniekramer1964@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jlt290@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 06:26:29 -0600

Oh boy, someone to irritate by merely minding my own business and doing
what I have every right to do!
This just reaches into my soul and begs for a good rant.  However I'll try
to subdue my inner rebel and ask intelligent questions.

What would someone standing on the dike be able to do with a rifle or
assault weapon?  Does a rocket launcher look like a camera or sit on a
tripod?  Would a rocket launcher have any precision effect at that
distance?  Would someone on the dike have any way of running or escaping?

How about looking for terrorists in boats?

If the chemical companies are so scarred, they can afford to hire special
security to observe all points along the dike and when they see a weapon
move in.

Al long as I have a camera, a scope, or a pair of bins, I'll look anywhere
I care to look while standing on publicly accessible property.  If you have
something you do not want me to see, build a wall, put it in a box, cover
it with a shed, or keep it in your pocket!

There is no expectation of privacy in publicly viewable areas.  Uncle Sam
and Big Brother have cameras on us everywhere we go.  Banks, Wal-mart
parking lots, intersections, and yes even the Texas City Dike.  I can't get
out of my car and walk to my office building without being seen by four
security guards siting behind desks and watching me on TV.

I think I'll head to the Dike this Sunday :)

~ronnie kramer, Austin TX