[texbirds] Re: TX City Dike - Birding Vs. Security

  • From: Laura Williams <lwbdr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jlt290@xxxxxxxxx" <jlt290@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 07:48:36 -0600

I encountered this same situation about 5 years ago as another birder and I
stood outside the car with a scope clearly looking at the birds in the water.
We were quite surprised and irritated as well. It took us about ten minutes to
convince the officer that we meant no harm showing him all the gear we had and
bird reference material. He left us with a warning to not be coming back here
birding again unless we wanted to possibly have our vehicle searched. Never saw
on texbirds where anyone else had run into the same problem. We've never been
back to bird at TX City Dike.

Laura Williams
Sent from my iPad