[texbirds] FOS Turkey Vulture

  • From: H Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 13:06:29 -0600

I think Feb 27th is our regular early date, but one Turkey Vulture was spotted
by Matt this morning at Post Park and then another two were reported between
here and Alpine by another Matt (many of y'all know our resident fly fisher).
So almost a week early for these guys, interesting!

Post also had a pair of Black Phoebes (our high count), and all three species
were represented. Warm morning, but quite pleasant. Lark Sparrow (1) got
flagged on Post Road, as it should have. Many leps out, can't wait to see what
spring brings!

Happy trails,
-h

Heidi Trudell & Matt York
Marathon, TxEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at