[texbirds] Re: FOS Turkey Vulture

  • From: Cameron Carver <c.o.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "shawkins4@xxxxxxxxxxx" <shawkins4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 14:29:59 -0600

Turkey Vulture is absent from the trans-pecos, panhandle/south plains, and
western NC TX from about November until March. There are a few records here and
there and areas along the Rio Grande occasionally have overwintering birds.
Interestingly there are a few birds that overwinter in Roswell, NM along the
Pecos. Also of note, this same area of Texas lacks Black Vulture (except along
the Rio Grande).

Cameron Carver
Lubbock, TX

Sent from my iPhone