[techtalk] Re: New hardware

  • From: Tim Seifert <sir_tim_seifert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:21:23 +1030

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 21:23 +0000, Gary Colville wrote:
> Seagates are okay, but the Samsungs have incredible reliability.

I've never come across one on sale, here.  It's always Western Digital
(I hate them) or Seagate.  Occasionally other brands are mentioned if
you ask for alternatives, but that's it.

How do the Samsungs compare, noise-wise?  Seagates have been the
quietest that I've found so far.  All the WD ones I've used shred my
nerves.

--
Bye,
Tim (from Modbury, near Adelaide, South Australia).