[TechAssist] Re: Useful and Professional Posting Suggestions

  • From: "Glenn Larkman" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 23:05:17 -0700

Without becoming a part this "discussion" I want to make a suggestion.
I have made a number of replies on this list to the authors of various
requests for assistance and have been able to do so only by reposting to the
list.
Maybe there would be less "chatter" if members could reply to each other
privately instead of using the list as a point of communication.
Can the list be set up so that when the "reply" button is hit there is a
choice of sending a response to either the sender, or, the sender AND the
list?
If everyone had a signature file with their email address in it for members
to use to reply to, then that could possibly reduce the number of irrelevant
emails, a number of which I admit to sending....I'm as guilty as anyone.
The point I'm making is that some of those posts I made were because it was
either difficult or not possible for me to reply to the sender only off the
list.
Not looking for a fight or to be kicked off the forum...just a

Glenn Larkman
Audiotech
256 Nth Hwy 101
ENCINITAS CA 92024