[TechAssist] Re: Useful and Professional Posting Suggestions

  • From: larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 13:13:51 -0400

Perry,
I had the same gut reaction, when I read his post, but I am
assuming he only meant to help.
I love this list just the way it is.
Why cant people just delete the posts with the subject line
they are not interested in?
I think there should only be one leader, and I like the
administrators leadership.
If he wants some thing said I know he is capable of doing it,
 unless he has appointed an assistance, I will wait for his
instructions.
Just my opinion,
Larry

Electric Medic wrote:

> WHO IN THE HE-- DO YOU THINK YOU ARE???? YOU ARE NOT MY BOSS. YOU ARE MY
> PEER. As far as I am concerned using your own terminology, your post was non
> technical, what was it doing on here? You better preach to yourself, or try
> and give some tips on some TV's. maybe you are better at that. Why don't you
> just tell the truth dude. YOU DO NOT LIKE SOME DISCUSSIONS, and a few of
> your buddies want to make this list just a tips list. Why don't you give us
> the numbers: How many agreed with you? After hearing what you have to say,
> now I see why so many members have privately said you better not post on
> tech assist, you will be reprimanded. What a shame. I am checking the
> archives now to see how many total helpful fixes you have given. I would
> love to compare ours.  You do not have to beat around the bush, why don't
> you just say my name, when you said: " a few of you think because you spend
> a good deal of time helping others you can post whatever you want and should
> not be reminded to keep
> your posts relevant to technical support". That is the biggest amount of
> bull that I have ever heard. Yes, I do help many because I enjoy doing so,
> but members like you make me want to sit back and just monitor and not help.
> And from the private replies I have received on this topic, many members
> already are doing that. As far as the many replies to my original post WHY?
> Why don't you get your facts straight. I made one original post, and many
> replied, don't you realize that there are many members here, if many members
> reply to a thread, there will be many replies to a subject. Are you saying
> every member can not reply to a thread? What are you saying??????? I would
> hope that if a member makes a post, that if there are hundreds of replies
> that you and the others in charge are not going to freak out everytime. That
> is what you get when you have hundreds of members. I guess you want to
> decide whom responds. Sorry, I do not have time for this. If I sit up at
> 3:00 in the morning and email a manual to help another member, I be Damn if
> I will put up with this preaching. Have fun with your future dogs. I
> wouldn't help you if your shop depended on it to survive. You very
> unappreciative soul.
>
> Perry Bower,  EHEER - Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Repairer
> Electric Medic
> "It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
> http://www.electricmedic.com
> Check out the Electronic Repair Screensaver We created. More Images to come!
> To download these Collections you must first install the Eyetide Viewer:
> http://www.eyetide.com/download/?s=O3OfmSLHXygGHCv1W6Gz3Bgjtq3DNNMNdcKsYSVGC
> "We're Number One Where it Really Counts, With our Customers"
> 3850 Washington Road  Suite 5b
> Augusta, Georgia 30907
> Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
> Phone: 706-863-3474
> Fax: 706-863-2316
> mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [...]

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY