[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba TP55G65,TAC 9754, HV comes on for split second, need SM.

  • From: "Corey Brazell" <cohbraz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:17:59 -0400

Does it still stay running with the convergence yokes disconnected? If so, I
still believe that you have a defective STK output. I am not sure about that
model, but the newer Toshiba sets have one STK to control the Horizontal
convergence, and the other STK controls the Vertical. If this is designed
the same way, it is possible that your set will still run with the green
conv yoke disconnected: If one channel of one STK controls the green horiz
conv, and is defective, and you swap the STKs, it is possible that the
defective STK now controls the green vert conv, thus explaining why it still
behaves the same way with the green conv yoke connected/disconnected. Just
my theory.

I still say the STKs! I just did one today, one tomorrow, one two weeks ago,
etc. etc.

Believe me, those STKs will fail and fail often. If not, then you have two
defective Digital Convergence Unit which is driving a DC voltage to the STKs
(only seen it once).

Corey Brazell
Audio Video Electronics
12169 SC Hwy 121