[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba TP55G65,TAC 9754, HV comes on for split second, need SM.

  • From: "Corey Brazell" <cohbraz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:27:10 -0400

You can use a DMM, connect it to the outputs of the convergence circuit, and
see any of them have a decently large (5-15volt) DC voltage on them just
before the set shuts down. If so, you have a bad STK392-110.

Also, pull the deflection yoke connectors and check the resistance on each,
but do not turn the set on with the yokes disconnected, though. Sometimes
one of the CRTs will arc from the anode cap to the yoke and burn the
windings, creating a short and a resistance of at least one ohm less than a
good yoke. If you see this, replace the yoke and add RTV to the anode caps.

And if all of that fails, check the vertical output signal and the voltage
to the vertical IC. It could also be defective.

Corey Brazell
Audio Video Electronics
12169 SC Hwy 121
Newberry SC 29108