[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba TP55G65,TAC 9754, HV comes on for split second, need SM.

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:03:14 -0500

I don't like the word swap.....sounds like you moved the bad ic into the
good ic slot and vice versa.
I Ass-u-me you meant you replaced the bad one with a new (hopefully original
from manufacturer) one, right?

Did you check all resistors? Open resistors on the yoke's output lines will
kill the video too.
If it's still giving you shutdown, then the next likely culprit would be a
bad signal from the convergence generator circuit.
Since I don't have the schematics in front of my face, I'll assume this is a
Digital Convergence module, soldered upright and mid-board on the left-most
board normally having the standby power/AC line input configuration on
it.....pretty popular layout for the D series....or is this the one where
the left-most board has a board on top of it, and both are power
supply-related?

Either case, you can scope the RV/RH , GV/GH and BV/BH signals off of the
digital convergence board and see if the DC is at 0V, out in the field a
quick test is to set the cross hairs for mid-center and see if the DC is at
0V  + or - 150mV using your DC meter.....now that's the Digital generator's
output (or the convergence amp's input).....that's normal for this. Anything
outside of +- 150mV is too much DC.
I like Jim Myers test too, since you can actually see the bad signal on the
TV set.
I don't believe your yokes are bad, I believe you're sending a bad signal
that forces the set into shutdown.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN