[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic CT-32HC43G Wont turn on

  • From: "Jeff Farnsworth" <jlfonz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:06:18 -0600

I posted the fix before and didnt see if you had tryed it.  I just got
another one yesterday---and the pisser is that I just put a new crt in it
the friday before.  The usual symptom (and this one had a slightly different
symptom) is that the tv shuts off and will not turn back on till you unplug
it.  The symptom on the set I did yesterday was that it would snap and then
they couldn't control the volume until they unplugged and replugged it.

The cure was to carefully remove the pin guide on the crt--remove all of the
old silicone and replace the silcone.  I take a swab stick cut at an angle
to get the new silicone between the pins so there is no possibility of
another gap.  I believe I've done 4 of them now and 2 of them had visible
burt carbon traces and this brand new one had an in your face trace---after
one stinking week. All four were 32" sets allthough I understand it may also
effect 36" sets too. This last set with the brand new crt was the only one
that the customer described snapping and visible light coming from the back
of the set.  The rest was usaully where they turned it off--and it would not
come back on.

TV Doctor
Avalon, Wi