[TechAssist] Re: NTE 2329/2328 vs Fake

  • From: "Tri-County Tv" <tricountytv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:31:28 -0400

Peter,
          These are going in a pioneer VSX-3300, another shop put in
trtronics TT- replacements (they were new in a sk series bag sealed).
Original problem was just the two outputs on left channel were shorted,
after replacing with TT- after about 10 min both outputs shorted and took
out several 100 ohm resistors and a dual emitter resistor. I have seen this
scenario before when generics fail. The TT- had Toshiba stamped on them and
writing was vary light. I have some genuine NTE replacements in stock and
that's why I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with NTE.
Tom Berger
Tri-County TV
Robbinsville
North Carolina 28771