[TechAssist] Re: HDTV Projection & DLP

  • From: larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 17:43:59 -0500

i just ordered an optics block for a new sony LCD projector.
I thought the parts dept was joking when they told me it was
2200 bucks,.. they were not!.
the set sold for 2195 new.
is something wrong with this picture.
lol??
Larry

Damon wrote:

> I'm not a big fan of the RCA Scenium DLP, because if you have a color wheel
> failure....you gotta buy the whole light engine...$2700!
> Samsung DLPs you can buy the color wheel....$160.00 I think. Pretty darn
> good picture too. Panasonic's DLP seem to have better detail, but not by
> very much, I wonder if the price difference is worth it......
>
> And you just can't go wrong with a PTV with CRTs.....they'll last, their
> technology is tried and true and certainly cheaper.....overall I think their
> reliability will outshine the DLP's sharper image.
>

> Damon Brunger
> Telrad Electronics
> Fort Wayne IN

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY