[tccrockets] The Crow 38

  • From: Chris Franco <chvy91bowtie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 19:15:04 -0700

I was finally able to check out my numbers on my Crow 38 rocket that flew
Saturday on an I540. Very disappointing but still cool. The rocket corkscrewed
badly out of the tower after flying perfectly straight its previous 3 flights.
It pulled 93.77 gees for .81 seconds out of the tower, hit mach at 207 ft and
hit its max speed of 1353 mph at 679 ft. The rocket only got to 11,693 agl. I
was hoping for 16,000. The coning killed much of my performance. Although I got
a little more altitude, I got more speed on a 3g skidmark I than I did with the
5g full I motor. I will fly again soon and hope for a better flight.