[tccrockets] Re: Attn: Brian Dalby

  • From: Jim Norton <jimn469897@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 10:58:37 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, those are C-slot grains.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Marino <jmarino1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tccrockets <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Paul M. Pittenger <pmp42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Oct 14, 2011 1:02 am
Subject: [tccrockets] Re: Attn: Brian Dalby

        Suggest you think and consider for a while before selecting the nozzle
for something like this. Those AT 18m D loads have some seriously small nozzle
throats.

        Tripling up the grains will triple the burn surface area. To keep the
Kn ratio in the realm of the realistic, a good starting place would be to also
triple the nozzle throat area. You have some geometry homework to do... 8^)

        Even then... No guarantees. Might go boom. IIRC, those are C-slot
grains.

From: "Paul M. Pittenger"   <pmp42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Oct 13, 2011 9:12 pm
To:   <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Cool, that is a pretty long 18mm... what is the   max impulse range?