[tccrockets] Re: Attn: Brian Dalby

  • From: "James Marino" <jmarino1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 07:40:56 -0700

        Acquiring a nozzle and drilling out the throat isn't the challenge. The
issue is matching the nozzle throat and ablation characteristics to the burn
characteristics of the propellant and the grain geometry of the motor, to keep
the chamber pressure within the capabilities of the case and closures, and
still get a usable motor with desirable thrust characteristics.

        Sorry. Can't help it. I'm an Rx kind of guy.

    From: "Paul M. Pittenger" <pmp42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: Thu, Oct 13, 2011 9:12 pm
    To: <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Cool, that is a pretty long 18mm... what is the max impulse range?