[tcb] Re: Type 2 - 1967 & Earlier - Stock or Type 2 - 1967 & Earlier - Custom

  • From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 16:09:23 -0700 (PDT)

Sure, you bring the Schnapps and I'll bring the Bus. Maybe we could take out
the middle seat and put a keg in it and do burn outs at midnight : )

  From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx <wuzmop@xxxxxxx>

  Earlier - Custom

  To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Date: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 5:08 PM

  Put it in the modified super
  beetle class. THat's where I'm putting mine.

    From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    & Earlier - Custom

    To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Date: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 1:02 PM

    The bus last year was Peter Albarian's newly restored 23
    window and the engine won best vintage/stock engine.  The engine was
    absolutely about as close to correct as you can make one and was built
    almost enitrely with NOS parts.  The best engine and other best of
    awards are judged by a group of competent judges.  As for the class
    awards, they are done by peoples choice and you may have a group of people
    who have no idea of the difference between a bay window and a split
    window voting on your class.  I am taking my 65 westy that is restored
    to about as close to original as you can get.  I will probably
    get beaten in camper class by someone with one that is painted purple and
    pink with an Arab tent, empi 5 spokes and deluxe trim because they are
    prettier.

    As Will says, go to have fun and what happens with
    the awards happens.