[tcb] Re: Type 2 - 1967 & Earlier - Stock or Type 2 - 1967 & Earlier - Custom

  • From: atx <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 21:27:08 -0700 (PDT)

Can you translate that in to driving experience?  Those of us that don't have a
tac would like to know.

Jeff

sent via iPhone

On Apr 7, 2010, at 10:18 PM, "Will" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Go with a cw crank and a mild cam too but it will starve above 5000 rpm.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

On Apr 7, 2010 9:54 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

They cruise Ok up to about 60-65, which is about as fast as I want to drive a
stock sprung bus.  But, if I were building an engine for them and still wanted
to look stock I would build a single port 1600 with a dog house for cooling.
Westies are also a lot heavier than panel vans or even a nornal kombi or deluxe
so a little extra power to pull all of the weight would be nice.