[tcb] Re: Type 2 - 1967 & Earlier - Stock or Type 2 - 1967 & Earlier - Custom

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 17:45:23 -0500

Hey, James, it will be a well done piece of art. You have worked so hard and
gone through so much and hung in there when most people would have given up.
I can't wait to see this thing.

Can we all get drunk and drive it around?

From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx <wuzmop@xxxxxxx>
Earlier - Custom
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 5:08 PM

Put it in the modified super beetle class. THat's where I'm putting mine.

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Earlier - Custom
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 1:02 PM

The bus last year was Peter Albarian's newly restored 23 window and the
engine won best vintage/stock engine.  The engine was absolutely about as
close to correct as you can make one and was built almost enitrely with NOS
parts.  The best engine and other best of awards are judged by a group of
competent judges.  As for the class awards, they are done by peoples choice
and you may have a group of people who have no idea of the difference
between a bay window and a split window voting on your class.  I am taking
my 65 westy that is restored to about as close to original as you can get.
I will probably get beaten in camper class by someone with one that is
painted purple and pink with an Arab tent, empi 5 spokes and deluxe trim
because they are prettier.

As Will says, go to have fun and what happens with the awards happens.

  _____