[talks-uk] Re: PREPARING A PHONE FOR SALE

  • From: "DurDevil" <durdevil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Talks-Uk Email group <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:18:49 +0000

Hi Carol

I have the N95 8GB so I have a rough idea of the phone your talking
about..... You can go into the memory under tools and format on the phone or
format through the pc if you prefer.... Or as I said in my other mail - just
update the firmware which will wipe and then re-install Talks and restore
registration.

With regards to cost there are a few things to remember....

1. if selling to another VIP they need to be aware that they cannot
officially upgrade Talks because although it's locked to the phones IMEI
number it is also registered to you (Steve will correct me if I'm wrong on
this hopefully) although they may be able to upgrade later on by paying a
£50 to a dealer - I'm not sure on this though.... Again Steve could advise.

2. personally if I sold my old phone I would at least look to cover my Talks
cross phone fee of £50 but I have never sold a phone with Talks as I just
gave my last one away to a blindy friend as it's case was a bit battered
although it worked perfectly and fully up to date.... Ah how I miss my old
N91.... The memories...... :-)

3. if not selling to a VIP then check out ebay for selling or review a
recycle option? Check out www.moneysavingexpert.com for some great mobile
phone recycle links

 hope this helps

Pete