[talks-uk] Re: PREPARING A PHONE FOR SALE

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:07:14 -0000

No, I don't know this at all. I suggest that the person concerned contact me
themselves and I will look into the matter. I do not know who you are refering
to. So kindly either ask the person to bring this matter to me directly or give
me the relevant facts yourself.

Unfounded allegations border on libel. You are accusing me on a public list of
something dishonest and illegal. If I am guilty, then why hasn't that person
contacted me? And why are you hurling accusations on their behalf?

I won't continue this discussion on this list, but will deal with it if the
person concerned contacts me.

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046
E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IM: creativeeyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: creativeeyes

              From: Steve Nutt <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
              To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              Date: Saturday, 21 November, 2009, 17:31

              Hi Pete,

              Yes, you are right, you are selling the phone, not the Talks
licence.  If you want to allow the customer to use your one cross-phone upgrade
on it, then you need to write to either a dealer or Nuance telling them that
you transfer the licence.

              Alternatively, use your cross-phone upgrade to get a new phone,
before you sell it. Then you must make the customer aware that no further cross
phone upgrading is possible from this phone.

              From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
              Date: 21/11/2009 4:38 pm

              Hi all,

              I'm always very reluctant to sell items, wanting to be sure I get
things
              right for anyone purchasing and give a good price etc.

              I'm thinking of selling my Nokia N95 which is one of the
originals which
              comes with a card.

              First, what would be a reasonable price to ask?  (I haven't
upgraded the
              firmware, I'm afraid ...)  I'd sell it with Talks 4 on though.

              How do I erase everything from the phone that I have put on, or
my phone
              providers have put on but don't destroy firmware and/or keep
Talks working?
              (I do want to sell it on with a clean slate.)

              Any advice would be most welcome.

              Thanks.

              --
              Carol