[talks-uk] Re: PREPARING A PHONE FOR SALE

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:40:18 -0000

I wish to state that Barbra Wilson has been very helpful and supportive to me
regarding Talks issues and mobile phones both on and off list and at any time
of the day or night and without any financial gain whatsoever.

                  From: Steve Nutt <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                  To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Date: Saturday, 21 November, 2009, 17:31

                  Hi Pete,

                  Yes, you are right, you are selling the phone, not the Talks
licence.  If you want to allow the customer to use your one cross-phone upgrade
on it, then you need to write to either a dealer or Nuance telling them that
you transfer the licence.

                  Alternatively, use your cross-phone upgrade to get a new
phone, before you sell it. Then you must make the customer aware that no
further cross phone upgrading is possible from this phone.

                  From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                  Date: 21/11/2009 4:38 pm

                  Hi all,

                  I'm always very reluctant to sell items, wanting to be sure I
get things
                  right for anyone purchasing and give a good price etc.

                  I'm thinking of selling my Nokia N95 which is one of the
originals which
                  comes with a card.

                  First, what would be a reasonable price to ask?  (I haven't
upgraded the
                  firmware, I'm afraid ...)  I'd sell it with Talks 4 on though.

                  How do I erase everything from the phone that I have put on,
or my phone
                  providers have put on but don't destroy firmware and/or keep
Talks working?
                  (I do want to sell it on with a clean slate.)

                  Any advice would be most welcome.

                  Thanks.

                  --
                  Carol